Metropolitan Cookie Policy

We have published a new cookie policy. It explains what cookies are and how we use them on our site. To learn more about cookies and their benefits, please view our cookie policy.

If you'd like to disable cookies on this device, please view this page. Please be aware that parts of the site will not function correctly if you disable cookies.

By closing this message, you consent to our use of cookies on this device in accordance with our cookie policy unless you have disabled them through your browser.


Specialist Solicitors

In this section of our website, you can find details of specialist solicitors.

Simply click to download a list of Solicitors by region who have specialist experience of Shared Ownership (SO) and Equity Loans (EL) from the Useful Documents section in the right-hand column of this page which features details of Solicitors in the East of England, London and the Midlands.

What to look for from solicitors:

There are hundreds of solicitors' firms across the country offering a variety of services, but we believe it is important that you instruct a solicitor who has the expertise to conduct your purchase to a high standard.

Some points to consider:

  • Does the solicitor have experience of dealing with shared ownership or equity loans? Do they provide an up front quote? are they going to add things on later?

  • Price v quality: is the firm very cheap or does it have a reputation for good quality legal work? As always, you are unlikely to get the very best service from the very cheapest solicitors so you should shop around.

Please note that Metropolitan do not endorse any particular Solicitor(s) and that you are free to select a Solicitor of your choice.

Please also note that Solicitors acting for you must execute any legal documents to Metropolitan as 'Metropolitan Housing Trust'.

I like this
I dislike this

You like this Article

Ratings for this Article (1 total)